Senior Accounting Director
We are searching for an Senior Accounting Director who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions of the company as detailed below. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a senior manager or director role and have thorough knowledge of US GAAP requirements & FASB reporting standards, extensive on-hand experience with managing monthly and quarterly close processes, GL management, audit and compliance, establishing and monitoring strong internal controls, working with external auditors, and maintaining account reconciliations. The successful candidate will be hands-on and collaborate with the team and senior leadership to achieve the goals of the company and will be committed to process improvement. The Senior Director of Accounting will supervise several individuals on the accounting team.
Reports to: VP Finance
Exemption Status: Exempt
Salary: 75k - 130k if annualized DOE
Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Personal Days
Compensation: Full benefit package including 401(K) with match, medical, dental, vision, and more.
- Manage monthly & quarterly close processes, ensuring a high level of accuracy and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Oversee input of all transactions into the accounting system, including upload of monthly distributor and website sales, digital sales, and AP management.
- Ensure that inventory transactions are recorded and maintained accurately in the accounting system and manage inventory reconciliations.
- Work effectively with Royalties group to ensure accuracy and reporting requirements are maintained and met in a timely manner.
- Review and update accounting controls and procedures as needed, GL management, and oversee and perform account reconciliations.
- Manage annual audits & tax filing and coordinate with auditors as required.
- Other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned by the VP of Finance and the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA qualification highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a similar position/level; entertainment/media company experience preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, well-organized, and be a demonstrated leader and collaborator.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to successfully manage and develop employees, and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and strong experience in ERP systems; NetSuite experience highly preferred.
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to: email@example.com.