We are searching for an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions of the company as detailed below.
The successful candidate will have progressive experience in accounting management and have a working knowledge of US GAAP requirements & FASB reporting standards, on-hand experience with managing monthly and quarterly close processes, GL management, audit and compliance, monitoring internal controls, working with external auditors, and maintaining account reconciliations. The successful candidate will be hands-on and collaborate with the team and senior leadership to achieve the goals of the company and will be committed to process improvement. The Assistant Controller will supervise individuals on the accounting team.
Reports to: VP Finance
Exemption Status: Exempt
Salary: $75k - $130k if annualized DOE
Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Personal Days
Compensation: Full benefit package including 401(K) with match, medical, dental, vision, and more.
Work Location: We offer a flexible, hybrid setting where employees work both from home and onsite in West LA.
- Oversee monthly & quarterly close processes, ensuring a high level of accuracy and a commitment to process improvement.
- Oversee input of transactions into the accounting system, including upload of monthly distributor and website sales, digital sales.
- Oversee inventory transactions in the accounting system and oversee inventory reconciliations.
- Work effectively with Royalties group to ensure transactional accuracy for reporting requirements are maintained and met in a timely manner.
- Review and update accounting controls and procedures as needed and oversee and perform account reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audits & tax filing and coordinate with auditors as required.
- Other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned by the VP of Finance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA qualification desirable.
- Three to five years’ experience in accounting management; entertainment/media company experience preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, well-organized, and be a demonstrated leader and collaborator.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to successfully manage and develop employees, and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and strong experience in ERP systems; NetSuite experience highly preferred.
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.